Friday, January 16, 2009

Greg Iles...A Mississippi Mystery ?







Want to meet one of the best Thriller Authors out there? Was that a Yes? I thought so...................Meet Greg Iles from Natchez, MS !Talk about a cannot lay it down mystery, that keeps you so on the edge, if the phone rings,you loose seven years off your life, plus leaves a memory that won't quit.......this is the man!I discovered Greg a few years ago during one of my frequent visits to Natchez. In his debut Novel, " Footprints of God" he proved he had homed his craft as well as any multi-published Author. My first read by him was; "The Quiet Game". After reading it.........I hurried out to the local bookstore for more! Pictured above are some of my Greg Iles collection plus a picture of Greg taken from an article in the local Natchez paper about the release of his 2005 book: " Blood Memory". If you ' like' John Grisham/ Patricia Cornwell/ Micheal Chrichton or James Patterson............you will ' LOVE' Greg Iles ! In my opinion he tops them all. I will warn you, there is strong language but no worse than what I've heard on TV. These books have it all...............cold blooded murder, murder for hire, serial killers, sex, Internet sex, crooked lawyers, civil rights, dirty politicians, Nazi intrigue and even a haunted monument in Natchez City Cemetery(" Turning Angel") ! There really is a legend behind this monument. Several are set in Natchez, one of my favorite places.His latest " The Devil's Punchbowl" also a famous Natchez landmark( also thought to be haunted) will be released on June 1, 2009 ! Hope you mystery readers read this Awesome Author and get back to me..............

8 comments:

Carol Murdock said...

I forgot to say..you can pre-order his next book at Amazon! I alredy have!

Carol Murdock said...

Nix the earlier comment....I just found out the new book was due out
Jan.6,2009

Susan said...

I love mysteries and am off to see if I can order any of these from my library.

Shhhhhshhh please, with "the man" talk Je suis tres queasy enough already. I'm attempting to be "oh so" cool and all "what man ?" about it. I've been single a "very" long time.

have a perfect weekend.

Reader Wil said...

I love thrillers! thanks for telling about them!

david mcmahon said...

That's a great recommendation, Carol. I'll definitely check him out this weekend.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I'm going to stop by the library and pick up one of his novels, you have me sold. He should hire you as his marketing manager!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Carol, thanks for your notes! I can't wait to try a Greg Iles book, he sounds wonderful, just my kinda book. I will definitely look at the library when I get back in there soon. Have you tried Nelson DeMille? He's great too! Love his books.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, and I'll add you to my blogroll too! Lots of folks are interested in good books.