Thursday, October 15, 2009

" Need A Break Now "

Yes I do! With all the rain we've had, Swiftwater Farm has become a damp, muggy, muddy place.
Trying to deal with 5 dogs, three being rambunctious puppies who can't get outside much and when they do, end up being wet mud bags, is getting to me fast! I have been mopping both the screen porch and dogroom twice a day! Today, I'm escaping to have lunch with authors Rick Bragg and Sonny Brewer @ Main Street Books! Yeah! I hope I can get a better picture of me and Rick than this one made @ 2009 Tennessee Williams Fest!










We had a brief period yesterday where the Sun came out and so did I !!



Caught this Yellow Fellow chomping on my Canna............



A Bee on a leaf? No Nectar there little fellow!



My screen porch Lizard came out of hiding...........





The Greenhouse is almost done! We won't cover this door until Cold weather arrives........






Or this Southeast facing window which swings outward when open............








Three sides are covered now.............







This was taken when only two sides were covered..........










The Chick Prisoners are enjoying their daily greens..........










They enjoyed the brief sunshine too!











Baby Calf is having breakfast yesterday...........












We even had a real Sunset yesterday !!! :)














I can never get enough of beautiful Sunsets.........













Shining through the Pines..........






















This Sun is having a tuff time trying to rise this morning AGAIN !! 60% chance of rain today!






I'll be back tonight with the Luncheon pictures! Have A great day everyone!! :)
















19 comments:

Elenka said...

Isn't it nice to have enough land to do all that? You know, coops and green houses and ponds, etc. We have 9 acres only, but my sister has a yard the size of a postage stamp. I don't know if I'd like that at all.

NitWit1 said...

Enjoy the luncheon. We had sun for such a brief time yesterdauy. By the time I saw it and grabbed camera it disappeared.

Maybe today.

Gotta get dressed for Silver Sneakers October birthday party.

Morning's Minion said...

We have mud here as the SNOW is melting. Most of the leaves didn't have time to turn to fall colors; they are clinging to broken branches in dull shades of frozen green and brown.

Dirt Princess said...

I love Rick Bragg!I am with you on the rain...I am ready for it to cool down, and dry up. It is supposed to be cool here tomorrow through Sunday. I sure hope so. I am loving your greenhouse. I hope to have one soon!

Kat said...

We, too, are getting a lot of rain. I hope that it will give us some beautiful fall colors. Leaves area already falling. Have a great luncheon!

steviewren said...

I'm so tired of gloomy weather and rain I could SCREAM!!!! Mud, slick steps, depressing weather, lack of sunlight...I'm suffering!

Sorry, but I feel better now.

Tess Kincaid said...

I remember the days of daily mopping the kitchen floor to keep up with the muddy paw prints of two huge yellow labs. I miss the doggies, but not the mopping.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

It rained for two days and these four dogs of mine were driving me crazy, they wanted out, they wanted in, and the in and out went on until muddy paws sent me right over the edge. The sun's out today, hurray! Have fun, you deserve a break.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

After over a week of rain and NO SUN the Ponderosa has turned into swampland right here in Missouri. I long for the sun to shine upon my face. The computer isn't working well as a SAD light. Your picture are gorgeous, can ya'll see the green. I'm just a little envious of that greenhouse.

Have a wonderful day filled with blessings and sunshine!

Medora said...

I love your pictures, as always!

Pat in east TN said...

I can relate to the rain ... it just goes on and on and ON here and we are a soggy mess .. ugh! .. and with only one rambunctious dog, it can make life pretty trying sometimes.

Your lunch sounds like fun and I'm anxious for a story/picture.

I am SO jealous of your greenhouse .. that is simply too neat!

Missy B. said...

I am enjoying the rain we are getting...it has cooled down here in NC. I am ready for sweater weather!

Lucky Duck! Getting to dine with authors. Can't wait to see your pictures.

Have a great day, Carol!

Kat Mortensen said...

Ha ha - "Chick prisoners" made me think of Stalag 17, or The Great Escape. Very funny!
I hope the sun shines some more for you and the puppies can get out for a bit and give you a well-deserved reprieve.

Anonymous said...

Carol,
Love all your photos...You have so many TO_DO ....You are busy....Love your greenhouse! LOve the sun trying to peak out...We will get the Fantastic Sun tomorrow! Yoo-hoo!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Carol, I'll bet you are smiling from ear to ear at lunch today... Can't wait to see pictures.

It has rained and rained here --seems like most all Fall. I'm ready for some sunshine myself.

Beautiful pictures--especially those sunset ones.

Hugs,
Betsy--on my way home (on my laptop)

Glynis Peters said...

Oh for a damp, rainy day with a sprinkling of sun. We are rain deprived here in Cyprus and our fruit trees need a drop of nature's ale.
Love the pics.

Becca's Dirt said...

Hope you have a great day visiting. Love the red canna and the yellow butterfly. Compliment each other. My red canna decided it didn't want to bloom this year.

Renie Burghardt said...

We've had the same weather all week, damp, dreary and depressing. I escaped to lunch at a Chinese Buffet with friends, yesterday, and enjoyed it.

Your pictures are fantastic. Love the green house. Enjoy your lunch today. Look forward to pictures tomorrow.

Hugs,

Renie

Anonymous said...

You really enjoy life. It comes through your posts with every word and every picture.

It is so fun being able to see it how you do.