Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday Tour of The Vegetable Gardens

We have really been working hard in the yard!
There is "nuttin" on me that isn't sore or painful.....
However the hard work is really paying off.....
Everything is looking wonderful and growing......

This Yellow Double Bloom Rose is showing out !





So is the Joseph's Coat.......................



I love these Louisiana Iris..........................


No, You are not seeing things ! This is one of many baby squash!
We should be eating squash in a few days........................................


We have all kinds of pepper planted, this is the first pepper!
It looks bigger in the picture, it's about like a $50 cent piece.





Yellow Crookneck Squash bed......................






Tomatoes are in bloom......................................................





This is the big garden, which is on its second planting.
The first time it got 5 inches of rain and got ruined.
It has, Watermelons, Cantaloupe, Creole Tomatoes,
Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Okra, Cucumbers and
Zucchini Squash in it....................................................
The green row is Cabbage and Brussels Sprouts and
more Yellow Squash..........





This is my herb bed. It has Rosemary, Sweet Basil, Dill
and Arugula...................




This is the pepper bed. It has Green and Yellow bell, Sweet
Banana, Cheyenne, Anaheim, Pimento and Jalapeno.............







" Thank you God For The Rain And Sun, Those Gifts From
You, Make Gardening Fun"







16 comments:

Missy B. said...

I really miss fresh garden vegetables. Maybe its time for me to visit the farmers market. Yours are beautiful!

Becca's Dirt said...

Carol you have so much going on in your yard. I am so jealous of your vegatable garden. You have fruits of your labor. The squash look beautiful.

How 'bout those roses. My fav is the Josephs Coat. The double yellow rose is awesome too.

Happy gardening... Becca

Tess Kincaid said...

I can't believe your veggies are so far along down there! We working in the yard all last weekend and this morning was the first I didn't wake up completely sore!

Barb Davis said...

Oh, I love your gardens. How lucky to have the plants almost ready to harvest!

Jeannette StG said...

Wow you did so much work! Now you're reaping the benefits from it. You are going to eat veggies without pesticides!
I have the same rose as you do, but didn't know tht it was called Joseph's coat - such an appropriate name for it:)

Dirt Princess said...

Wow...lots going on! Isn't it exciting!

Rosaria Williams said...

Oh I'm jealous. I just now got onions and garlic and spinach in the ground. I can never grow peppers and tomatoes.

NCmountainwoman said...

Lovely garden. We don't have one, but we have the next best thing. There is a roadside market near our house that sells local veggies and fruits. I can't wait for those summer tomatoes.

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Carol, I am inspired to get a garden going! You have such a pretty organized set-up. I like the way you made the plots in enclosed boxes. Did you line the bottom with anything? I'm trying to save the soil...I have the garden area terraced because of the hills but the rain still washes away the soil.

Love the roses! Take care and enjoy your squash. xx <3

Renie Burghardt said...

Wow, Carol, your garden is lookin' good! I can't believe you have squash almost ready to eat. Of course, you're way in the south. I just planted my tomato plants, zucchini, cucmbers and green beans. That is all I am growing. I do have leaf lettuce and spinach in my salad garden that I have been enjoying for the last few days. I'll be lucky to have my first ripe tomato aropund the 4th of July!

Happy Gardening!

Renie

Angie Ledbetter said...

Everything looks wonderful in your gardens.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow Carol---You all really have a GARDEN.... HUGE!!!! Wow!!!! I'm impressed. When do you have time to keep up with all of that???? I know it's lots of hard work.

We grow flowers and roses ---and try to have a pretty yard. We're not allowed to have a veggie garden here. We could rent a piece of land near here IF we wanted a garden. BUT--we just don't have the time (mainly since we travel so much)!!!! ha

Thanks for sharing...
Hugs,
Betsy

crochet lady said...

I'll be so thrilled when I can actually start planting. Your veggies look so good. I'm craving garden zucchini.

It's usually not safe to set anything out until after the 15th of May. So I wait, and wait a little longer.

Isabel said...

What a great vegetable garden. That squash left me smiling. We have just started our vegetable garden but we have many deer in the area so we had to build a six foot fence all around the area. I really love the open feel of yours. May you have an abundant harvest!

Sherry Austin said...

Your gardens are a pleasure to behold, Ms. Porch.

ceecee said...

Spring is really springing over here, Carol! I wish I could have a vegetable garden like yours. And love how you've filled the pots from your shopping spree. I will be away from my computer for awhile but will catch up with you when I return, my friend.
Many happy days to you,
Catherine xx