Sunday, September 6, 2009

" YAHD SALE " ?

Yesterday a small town named Ellisville, about 8 miles up the highway from us was having a city wide Yard Sale! This sign did not come from there, I got it off the Internet and thought it was a hoot! Hubby and I decided to go and see what we could find. A lot of it really belonged at the dump, I've never seen so many old clothes, shoes and toys in my life. People were even selling puppies! I didn't even attempt to look at the puppies! HA! Hubby got a box full of tools he says are worth about two hundred dollars for $ 20 dollars. I didn't get a picture because he was too fast in putting them up in his shop. He says these are good ones(not made in China) and that there were a couple of real expensive drill bits in there! MEN and their TOOLS!! HA!


They had 2 downtown streets blocked off plus several parking lots had booths. This is the only pic I took cause I was too busy trying to find a bargain! :)


This is my favorite find! It is brand new, never been opened! I got it for $ 3 dollars! I checked on line trying to see what these sell for. I couldn't find a Presto but the nearest one to it I found was $49 at Amazon.

I got these brand new Queen Sheets for $ 20 dollars!



This cute little Garden Apron and Sun Visor set me back $ 2 dollars. It's also brand new!



I got this cute bottle set with wood caps and tray for $ 1 dollar......




This Corning Ware Pie Pan was $ 1 dollar....... So it was well worth the trip, we had a really good time!





Thank you for all the sweet comments about my parents photo! My Mother really was a gorgeous woman and Daddy was a dreamboat he still looks pretty good at 81! The best part is, she was as beautiful on the inside as she was outside!
HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND EVERYONE!





18 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Well, you certainly got some good buys, and sounds like hubby did too !
I can't remember the last time I went to a yard sale...since I work on Saturday's ;(

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

Yahd Sale!? LOVE IT! How fun. I love love love love yard sales. One man's junk as they say.

As always, love getting a glimpse of your life.

Vicki Lane said...

I have a food strainer similar to that -- it's great for making apple sauce to can. Also for tomato sauce!

Bill S. said...

Oh, yard sales. Love them but on Saturdays are usually too busy to get to the good ones. I love the Friday afternoon ones.

Great buys.

Rosaria Williams said...

Perfect Labor Day's Activities. I'm about to don my raincoat and walk on down to the yard sales, old cars display and Fish Fry at the end of the morning. See you later.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

That's one one heck of a "Yahd" sale... Speaking of things being spelled wrong, when we go to our county recycling center each Saturday afternoon, I laugh seeing this sign on one of the bins: PAPPER ONLY....

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Patience-please said...

Congrats on the food strainer buy! And the adorable apron.

The notion of selling puppies at a yard sale... shudder. NO knowledgeable, responsible breeder would EVER. EVER.

Pat in east TN said...

I never have any luck at yard sales, either large ones or small. Seems like it's only the leftover junk that folks can't bear to take to the dump.

My husband would be over the moon if he found tools like that, especially NOT made in China!

The food strainer was another good deal ... I definitely need another as a good (?) friend borrowed mine and never returned it!

Kaye Wilkinson Barley - Meanderings and Muses said...

WHAT a fun day you had! A day filled with bargains in my kinda day!!!!

Deb Shucka said...

It sure looks like you had a great time and got some amazing treasures. No new puppies, huh? :-)

Elizabeth Bradley said...

1000 Egyptian cotton sheets for 20 bucks! That's awesome. Love a good bargain, yes I do.

Renie Burghardt said...

Wow, you got some great bargains, Carol, and had fun too. Who could ask for anything more.

Enjoy Labor Day!

Huggies,

Renie xox

Debra said...

Wow! I missed out on this! I love yard sales and such...I must read the local newpaper more! LOL!

Morning's Minion said...

Oh I like your bargins! I think a "yahd" sale must have occured "down east"--when we lived in Maine it cracked me up to hear folks say they were going to the "cawhnah" store!

Arkansas Patti said...

I was thinking southern with "Yahd" but Mornings Minion may be right with "down east."
Love creative sellers. Once saw "hail sized golf balls" for sale.
Egyptian cotton is sooo smooth.
Sounds like a fun, profitable day.

NitWit1 said...

My small town is having a City Wide Yard sale this month (18-19). Too bad is is so far from you. Gas would eat up your savings!

Husband and I were going to participate but I have incured some "official duties" those days.

We may try for later. Actually, the few I've had, I do better sales wise when I don't have to compete with the whole town.

Neither of us enjoy yard sales but it regains a few pennies. I donate the leftovers to several charities.

crochet lady said...

I don't think I have ever seen a yard sale sign written quite that way before.
Looks like you found some good stuff. My mom had a presto gadget like that and loved it.

Anonymous said...

Love your yard sale finds, especially the apron and hat!